Friday, August 4, 2023

August Christmas Challenge for Happy Little Stampers

It is time for a new Christmas Challenge at Hapy Little Stampers.  We know Christmas comes every year but many people are still making their cards to mail in December.  Why don't you join our monthly Christmas challenge and get a few cards made ahead of time.  Our challenges are always Anything Goes but we do have an optional choice you may want to play with.  This month the option is elf.  


I chose Anything Goes for my card.  I am on three different challenge teams and this month each of my cards uses the same technique.  The technique is to apply a layer of gesso to watercolor paper.  You then add watercolor over the top.  I added multiple layers of watercolor in different shades of blue and green.  Once the watercolor is dry, you take a stencil and a diaper wipe and remove color from the design in the stencil.  After I had removed the colors, I then added a layer of sparkly embossing paste in the design area.  The embossing paste picked up the base layer of color I achieved when removing the watercolor from the stencil design.  It is very sparkly and translucent.  The sentiment is from Penny Black and I added some white snowflakes around the sentiment.  I matted the image with a blue glitterpaper.  You cannot have too much sparkle on your holiday cards especially snow related cards.


Here is a close up of the stenciled design with the embossing paste.


Please join Happy Little Stampers for our Christmas Challenge.  

Thanks for stopping by.  

2 comments:

laurie said...

Beautiful! Love that background!

JulieP said...

You did a wonderful job on that background! It's gorgeous.