Sunday, August 6, 2023

August Stencil Challenge for Happy Little Stampers

It is time to get out one of your stencils and join us at Happy Little Stampers for our August Challenge.

Our stencil challenge is Anything Goes.


This month I used this same technique and stencils for my cards in the birthday, Christmas and stencil challenge.  You apply a layer of gesso on watercolor paper.  You let the gesso dry.  I added multiple layers of watercolor over the gesso letting each layer dry completely.  After I had added all the color I wanted, I took a stencil and a baby wipe.  I used the baby wipe to remove the color from the holes in the stencil.  It gives you a beautiful ghosted color.  You can see different layers of color in the areas where I removed the watercolor.  It is a fun technique to try.  I added a die cut sentiment layered on vellum across the matted image.  I put it on a grey card base.  Pretty jewels were added across the card front.  Gold splatter was also added to the card front.  Who doesn't love a little gold splatter.


Here is a close up of the stenciled design with the color removed.  

Please join us in our monthly stencil challenge at Happy Little Stampers.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: