Monday, April 3, 2023

Happy Little Stampers April Birthday Challenge

 It is time for a new birthday challenge at Happy Little Stampers.  The theme is always Anything Goes - please join us and get ahead on the birthday cards you need for the year.  


This card is for my niece.  She has already received it so it is safe to share.  The background focal point is rice paper from Joggles.  I took a wet brush and drew a line around the image and then gently tore on the wet line.  I glued to the card front with a glue stick.  I then used a small amount of white gesso and blended it around the edge of the paper to blend it in the background.  I did a small amount of stenciling on the background with an oxide ink.

To add more texture to the card, I cut some of the Tim Holtz floral dies out of different colors of card stock.  I also had a feather die which I colored with oxide ink. They were glued on top of the background image.  A birthday sentiment and some splatters completed the card front.

I layered it onto a purple mat and adhered to a white card base.


Here is a close up of the focal point and all the layers.

Please join us at Happy Little Stampers and get a few birthday cards made.

Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

Alyson Mayo said...

This is so cool - I love all the little details and the end result is fabulous!

BożenA said...

You layered this card beautifully. I love the rice paper in the background, all those beautiful TH flowers and cute feather. The addition of sponging by the background template completes this card stunningly.
hugs,BożenA