Thursday, November 3, 2022

November Happy Little Stampers Birthday Challenge

It is time for a new birthday challenge at Happy Little Stamper's.  This challenge is always "anything goes" so you can get your birthday cards made for the year.  You know you have lots of birthdays coming up and will need a card so why not get a head start on your creating.


This card was inspired by a journal page I did in my Junk Journal July.  I decided to take the same concept (woven torn strips of painted paper) and make it into a card front.  

I first painted copy paper with a blue acrylic paint.  I did not care if I had perfect coverage because this is a mixed media card.  I tore approximately 3/4 inch strips of the paper and started weaving them.  After I had a woven piece for my card front, I carefully glued the strips together.

I took more of the painted paper and stamped my butterflies on them and fussy cut them out. I wish I had heat embossed the butterflies so the black was bolder.  I added foam underneath the wings to give them a little dimension off the page.  I wanted more contrast so I stamped some small circles over the card front.  I took a pencil and added some sketch lines to each rectangle on the weaving.  A sentiment and black and white splatters completed the card.

It was mounted on a black card base.


Here is a close up of the large butterfly.  You can see the splatters, stamped circle and sketched pencil lines on the rectangle.


Here is the inside of the card.


I hope my friend will like her card.  

Please join us at Happy Little Stampers for our November birthday challenge.

Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Lynda said...

What an amazing card - I was hoping you would describe your process. Love it. xx