Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Stencil Fun

 Today I am playing along with the current monthly challenge at CAS Mix Up Card Challenge.  The current challenge is Stencil Monoprint.  You start by inking the stencil, spritzing with water or shimmer spray.  You turn it over onto a clean piece of card that can take water, pressing down with a paper towel to absorb any excess ink. This gives you a negative image of your stencil.  Instead of coloring the design or image on a stencil, you are coloring the background.

This is a new stencil I had just bought so I wanted to try it out.  I got out my distress inks to try the monoprint technique.  On the first card, I colored the background paper by ink smooshing.  I used one color of ink on this card.  The sentiment was heat embossed on the card front which was die cut with a rectangle die and matted with a coordinating color of card stock.

This image was put on a pure white background.  The sentiment was heat embossed.


Thanks for stopping by.  These were very easy cards to make.  I even monoprinted on the envelopes for these cards.

1 comment:

Loll said...

Two beautiful monprint cards Barb!! Love how you've used the positive (background) for your first print, and then used the leftover ink on your stencil to create the second. Great work! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!