Saturday, September 4, 2021

September Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge

 It is time for a new Christmas Challenge at Happy Little Stampers.  Are you playing along and already have cards made for mailing.  I sure hope so - it makes such a difference rather than the last minute push to make more cards.  

The challenge for September is Anything Goes with the optional choice of Non Traditional.


This month I actually went with the optional non traditional choice.  I know there are some people on my list who will enjoy a pink and blue holiday card.

The tree is a new die from Waffle Flowers with different sizes of trees.  I die cut the tree from a piece of background I had made some time ago.  I believe I made it with a stencil and watercolor.  I love how the colors vary in depth and the color ran under the stencil.  (I love my box of backgrounds I have made in different ways - it makes it so easy to make a card).  I die cut several layers of the  tree and glued to the pretty layer so it pops off the background.

I used a piece of white shiny paper for the background and used the same stencil used on the background to add a row of sparkly glitter paste to add more depth to the card front.  I then matted it with some glitter paper that matched so nicely.  I also die cut a star from the glitter paper to add to the top of the tree.  The sentiment was heat embossed on a strip of the background paper and matted with the glitter paper.  
 

Here is a close up of the glitter paste, the details in the tree and the sentiment.


2 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

This is so pretty, gorgeous piece you cut the tree out of, great design, I love this!!

JulieP said...

Love your watercolor piece and the fun non-traditional colors. Beautiful card!