Thursday, March 4, 2021

Happy Little Stampers March Christmas Challenge

 It is the time of the month when there is a new Christmas challenge at Happy Little Stampers.  

This month the challenge is Anything Goes with the optional twist of Angels.  


I chose to go with "anything goes" for my March Christmas challenge card.  I had this new stamp from Studio Light which I wanted to use.  

I first did some ink smooshing on the panel which I was going to stamp on.  I used Evergreen Bough Oxide Ink.  I then stamped my tree stamp on this background with the same Evergreen Bough Oxide Ink.  There are many layers on ink on this tree to get a good cover.  Using a colored ink at least lets you know if you have good ink coverage.  After I was satisfied with my stamping, I heat embossed with clear embossing powder.  

I then stamped the area of the stamp with the two sentiments in black ink and fussy cut them out so they would pop on the evergreen bough tree and background.  I glued them flat to the card.  I have been trying to keep my cards flat for easier mailing.

I die cut the panel with a stitched rectangle die.  I was lucky enough to find at Michael's a glitter paper that matched perfectly so I used this for the mat to add some sparkle to my card.  It was all adhered to a black card base.

Here is a close up of the sentiment.


I even finished the inside of my card. I first did some ink smooshing to color the background and then stamped the sentiment in black. I made 4 cards like this.  


Please join us at Happy Little Stampers for our March Christmas Challenge.  

Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

Inkyfingers said...

What a fun contemporary design, Barb and I love the mixed media look!
Hugs
Carol xx

Sue - said...

What a lovely tree image!