Wednesday, March 31, 2021

April Happy Little Stamper's Watercolor Challenge

 It is time for a new watercolor challenge at Happy Little Stampers.  As always, our challenges are the best because they are "anything goes".


I had a brand new stamp that I wanted to use.  I stamped the image in black and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.  The floral stamp is from Sweet Huni Designs.  The designer is Julie Hickey.  I stamped it on Bristol smooth paper and colored it with my Tombow and Zig Clean Color markers.  I think I achieved some good shading with the markers.  It was fun to get the markers out and play with them because normally I reach for my pan watercolors.

The sentiment is from My Favorite Things.  It is an entire set of thank you sentiments.

I decided I wanted to frame my image so I cut four layers of the scalloped frame and glued them together.  I nested the sentiment directly on the image.  The scalloped framed image was placed on a black card base.  To complete the card, I added some pink sequins.   



Here is a close up of some of the flowers and also the sequins.  The colors are so vibrant from the markers.


Here is a close up of the sentiment.  If you look, there is a heart sequin behind the sentiment.


Please join us at Happy Little Stampers for our April Watercolor Challenge.  

Thank you for stopping by.  

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

Beautiful bright colours for this gorgeous field of flowers! Love this card.

Helen said...

A wonderful bright, happy card with all those glorious flowers, Barb!! SO eye-catching and I love the little heart sequin hiding away!!! Stay safe :)

Sue - said...

Beautiful colouring Barb and I love the bright colours!

The Dream Pages said...

Such a beautiful card with loads of colours. .