Friday, August 9, 2019

CAS Mix Up Challenge

I love to play along with challenges that are CAS (clean and simple).  I find this style of card very hard to do.  I am more a lets put on as many layers as possible cardmaker.

The challenge this month at CAS Mix Up Challenge is to use a paper towel in your card.


I dug through some of my "stuff" and yes I did have some colored paper towels in my supplies.  I decided to use one that was all one color.  I adhered it to a piece of light weight card stock with gel medium.  I then die cut the piece out with a rectangle die. 

I also cut this new floral die from Rubbernecker Stamps to use as the focal point.  The hugs die is also from Rubbernecker Stamps.  After I had adhered the floral die and word die to the paper towel I added a layer of clear glitter through a stencil to add a little sparkle to the card. 

I then added the stamped sentiment.  I am thinking this sentiment stamp will be getting lots of use.


Thanks for stopping by. 

3 comments:

Mac Mable said...

What a beautiful card and the colour on the paper towel looks so pretty. Great die cut flowers and loving the glitter from the stencilling. Thank you for joining in The CAS Mix Up Challenge with this wonderful card x.

Bonnie said...

This is a beautiful background for your pretty die cuts, Barb! Love the stenciled glitter! Nice touch. Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

Loll said...

Beautiful card Barb! LOVE your paper towel background ... gorgeous shades of blue. So pretty with the white die-cut flowers and darker die-cut hugs. Sentiment is a keeper! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!