Wednesday, August 7, 2019

CAS Christmas Challenge

I find it very difficult to make CAS (clean and simple) cards.  I love my layers so I do challenges to try to perfect this style. 

I found a wonderful challenge site that does CAS Christmas Cards.  Their challenge this month is Glitter.


I have a habit of buying Christmas tags when they go on sale or clearance.  These tags usually make great focal points for Christmas cards.  It also makes your Christmas card creating easier.

I love this sweet penguin.  I trimmed him down and added a black mat behind the image.  The background for my card is GLITTER card stock.  It came in a 12 x 12 pack I bought last year.  It is a very pretty sparkle on top of white.  My picture does not do it justice.

I die cut the sentiment from some scrap black card stock.  I glued it on with my Gina K Connect glue.  Glue seems to work the best on glitter card stock.    I tied on a red and white baker's twine bow to add a little more red to the card.  The image was pop dotted to the front of the card.


Thanks for stopping by. 

4 comments:

Loll said...

Sweet Christmas card Barb! The penquin tag is so adorable framed in black. I can imagine the sparkle from your glittery card front. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

Bonnie said...

What a great idea to use tags on Christmas cards, Barb! Love this fun penguin and the frosty look of the glitter background! The red and white bow adds an even more festive look! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

Christine Alexander said...

What a great way to make Christmas cards, he's quite the cute penguin and the snowflake glitter background makes for a perfect frame for him. thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas :)

Susan said...

Great use of a commercial Christmas tag - that's how I started making cards! Lovely glitter cs for the background! Thanks so much for joining us at CAS Christmas.