Monday, March 4, 2019

Happy Little Stampers March Christmas Challenge

How did it get to be March already?  Actually I am in Florida right now and I do hope the sun is shining. 

As always the Christmas Challenge at Happy Little Stampers is Anything Goes with an optional twist. 

The twist this month is tags. 


I chose to use tags in the background or as the background of my March Christmas card.  I cut the tags with my Silhouette in two different sizes.  I adhered them to the card base with one right side up and the smaller one right side down with foam tape.  I then sprayed these layers with a silver mist.  It adds such a beautiful color and sheen to the white bases.  The snowflakes were cut from a teal glitter card stock from different snowflake dies.  I also cut smaller snowflakes out of silver glitter card stock.  The sentiment was cut from silver glitter card stock and several layers of white card stock.  By layering the sentiment together, you get a thicker sentiment that stands out on your card.

I first glued the sentiment to the right tag toward the bottom.  I then placed the snowflakes around the card.  There are three snowflakes on the large snowflake and the other two snowflakes each have two layers.

I tied two bows out of silver thread.  The top bow has more loops.  They were adhered into the holes on the tags with glue dots.


Here is a close up of the sentiment.


Here is a close up of the large snowflake and the larger bow that did not want to cooperate.  The loops on the right side did exactly what they wanted to do no matter how I tried to persuade them to so something different.


Please come join us at Happy Little Stampers for our March Christmas Challenge.  Thanks for stopping by. 

5 comments:

Inkyfingers said...

What a creative way to use the tags Barb and I love the touches of silver and sparkle. Hope you have a great time in Florida.
Hugs
Carol x

Nora Noll said...

I am loving the fun way yo used the tags on this!! The teal colored snowflakes just POP off that white background too. Great card!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

There are so many things I love about this, Barb. The glittery silver and turquoise, the upside down tag on the larger right side up one, that wonderful silver cord... just gorgeous.

BożenA said...

Beautiful design, Barb. Gorgeous colors and an addition of silver adds so much elegance

Sue - said...

Really beautiful card Barb!