Sunday, March 31, 2019

Happy Little Stampers April Watercolor Challenge

It is time for a new watercolor challenge at Happy Little Stampers.  Of course it is the best type of challenge because it is "anything goes" with the optional twist of bright.



Bright - that can be interpreted so many ways.  I chose to use some bright colors (yellow and orange) and to also watercolor just a portion of the stamped image and let the remainder be black and white so the colored part is bright.

This is a Penny Black Stamp that I stamped with Versafine Black Onyx ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder on watercolor paper.  I actually used a combination of watercolor paints and a few zig markers to color the image.

I die cut the circle out of the stamped image and then I did my watercoloring.  This way it was contained within the circle.  When I completed the card, the circle was inserted back into the opening but it is on foam tape to make the circle stand out even more.  It must be very careful to line it up carefully with the stamped image.  To help with the adjusting, I put a small amount of liquid glue on the foam tape so I can wiggle it around to make it as perfect as I can get something.


I colored a piece of card stock the same color as the orange flowers and stamped the sentiment in the same way as the image.  I cut it into a thin banner.  Since the circle was a little offset of center to the right, I placed the sentiment to the left side of the card.

This was a fun card to make.

Please do come join us at Happy Little Stampers and work on your watercolor skills.

Thanks for stopping by.

6 comments:

Lindsey said...

Love your bright and happy card! What a great idea to colour your sentiment strip so it matches the flowers.

BożenA said...

You managed to achieve the intended effect, because the central, colorful element simply shines on the card. Great design, very springy.
Hugs,
BozenA

Gwendolyn said...

Oooh love the spotlight colouring, really makes your bright watercolouring stand out!

Ina G said...

Love your 'spotlight' take on our bright theme Barb. So sweet and simply gorgeous.

Sue - said...

Love your spotlight effect.

Helen said...

A clever use of spotlight colouring, Barb! Super bright and happy! Just beautiful!