Thursday, December 6, 2018

Happy Little Stampers December Mixed Media Challenge

Time for a new challenge at Happy Little Stampers Mixed Media.  I imagine Christmas festivities may be getting to you so take some time for yourself and get messy.  Indulge in some mixed media art which will make you feel fantastic.

The challenge this month is Fantasy.  How fun can that be.  There are so many areas of fantasy to choose from.  I chose to use a fairy.



The stamp for this card was bought at JoAnn Fabrics.  I had to tear it off it's wood block because I don't stamp anything without using my Misti.  The Misti has saved me so many times from having to throw away a project because it did not stamp properly.  I stamped with VersaFine Black Onyx ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.

I colored with distress oxide inks.  I cut the image out into a partial circle for something different.  I did use glossy accents and a glitter gel on different elements of the image.

The purple background was created with a stencil and silver glitter embossing paste.  I love how it turned out.  I had just enough purple ribbon for the card.  Luckily the card is going in a box with her gifts..  The sentiment is from Penny Black.


Please join us at Happy Little Stampers for our December Mixed Media challenge

This is my last post for the Mixed Media team.  I am going to try the watercolor challenge for the next six months and continue on with the Christmas challenge.

Thanks for dropping by. 

No comments: