Saturday, December 8, 2018

Happy Little Stampers December Anything Goes With Dies Challenge

December is well under way and it is time for another challenge using your dies at Happy Little Stampers.  It is the best kind of challenge because Anything Goes



Since the crunch is on to finish our Christmas cards, I made a Christmas card for this month's challenge.  I had this new stamp and die pine cone set that I wanted to use.  The pine cone is a layered stamp - I must warn you there are 5 to 6 layers on this pine cone.  I had a hard  time finding that many brown inks to use especially since I was not at home.  Luckily I had brought all my distress oxide inks with me and was able to dig through them and find enough plus I had a dark brown ink and a Versafine Black Onyx ink.  With the help of my Misti I stamped over 10 pine cones.

I added color to the background of my card by smooshing it in some Peacock Feathers oxide ink.  I die cut out many pine boughs out of Bristol smooth paper and then colored them with different green colored oxides.  I love the variation of color that I got in the boughs.  The sentiment from Tim Holtz was stamped and embossed in gold.  The card front was layered on a gold card base I found in my supplies.  It has a coordinating envelope.

 Here is a picture of the stamp and die sets I used.


I first layered the pine boughs onto the card front filling up two sides.  I added a tangle of red thread (I did use regular sewing thread because I didn't have anything heavier in red).  I centered one pine cone and glued it to the card base.  I then pop dotted the other two pine cones over the top.  I cut up a pine bough and glued to the top of the pine cones to fill in that corner of the card.  After everything was assembled, I sprayed the entire card with a Tattered Angels sheer gold mist.  It adds such beautiful sparkle to your card.


Here is a close up of the pine cones.


Please come play with us at Happy Little Stampers and use some of those beautiful dies you have. 

Did I tell you there were prizes??

No comments: