Sunday, September 9, 2018

Stamp Your Acrylic Block

The ModSquad Challenge Blog has an interesting challenge this week.  The challenge is to stamp your acrylic block.  You need to add ink to your acrylic block, spritz with water and stamp it.  I thought why not try this - then - of course - I had trouble finding an acrylic block that would work for this challenge.  I finally found this little square one and used it on my card.


I am sorry for the odd angle on my card - but in order to get all the silver embossing to show this is how I ended up photographing it - I think this sometimes is the hardest part of making a card and sharing it - is getting a good photography.

The squares were stamped with distress oxide inks.  The sentiment and snowflakes were stamped in VersaMark Ink and the stamps are from Penny Black.  The sentiment was a little large so that is why I went with the creative design decision to stamp all the snowflakes hanging over the edge of the squares.  Coming from a cold state with lots of snow - I thought this was a perfect sentiment to use on a card.

A few sequins and some blue splatter finished off the card.  It is a little busy but oh well.  I also made a mat using the same distress oxide ink.  Why is it you have a million sheets of cardstock but you don't have the perfect  color?

Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Judy Woodland said...

This is just beautiful! I love that you stamped the block 3 times, and then the silver embossing is so stunning against the blue. Great take on the challenge, thank you so much for participating this week at the Mod Squad Challenge
Judy~ Mod Squad Challenge Designer
{Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!!!