Thursday, September 13, 2018

Monochromatic Thank You Card

I have been cleaning recently (heaven forbid - hope this passes soon) and discovered a set of stamps - they were released in 2009.  I do wonder how long I have owned them.  I did have an idea in my head for creating a card with them.

I was out checking out challenges and the Modsquad Challenge Blog has a challenge this week for Monochromatic Thank You cards. 

Over the week end I had made a monochromatic Christmas card so I already knew what inks I had that worked so well together.  The inks I used are from Gina K Designs.

I first colored a square of bristol smooth card stock by snooshing it into light ink sprayed with water.  I made my mat by dipping the mat in a more concentrated ink/water combination.  I put my lightly colored square in my Misti and started stamping.  I stamped several layers of the darker ink.  I dried it completely and then stamped in VersaMark Ink and clear embossed the sentiment. 


The image is not as crisp as I would like it - so it could be that the quality of the clear stamp from 2009 is not the same as stamps in today's market.  I do know the ink is good but may not have worked as well with the stamp.

Thanks for stopping by. 

No comments: