Sunday, October 8, 2017

World Card Making Day

I was busy creating yesterday and celebrating World Card Making Day.  I was playing along with challenges with a group of online friends.

The card today was made for a challenge for Thanksgiving. 

I am going to enter this card in Simon Says Stamp World Card Making Challenge


There were lessons learned on this card.  I do love the background I made.  I had seen somewhere on the world wide web where they had used an acrylic block and stamped distress inks in long lines.  I had a narrow long acrylic block so I tried it.  After I had stamped the blocks of color I then blended one of the brown oxide inks over all of it.  Here is the first lesson:  if you are going to spray a gold mist on your panel, wait until after you do your heat embossing.  I had to brush away lots of stray embossing powder.  I thought the spray was dry. 

Next lesson - have your brain activated when you do your stamping.  Neatly hidden under that beautiful strip of fabric is another So Very.  I did not need that said twice.  Thank goodness for embellishments.

Next lesson - stamp one sentiment and heat emboss.  Then stamp your second sentiment (for you) so that you get the placement much better.  It looks OK but I think it should have been closer. 

This leaf stamp from Concord and 9th is so beautiful.  I have made many cards with it this fall. 

Thanks for stopping by. 

No comments: