Sunday, October 8, 2017

Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes With Dies October Challenge

Time to get out all those dies you have accumulated and make a card for the October Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes With Dies Challenge.  


I love to make fall cards.  When I made this card, I was on a Washi Tape journey (last month's die card used washi tape also).  I had accumulated many rolls of tape that were fall in color so they were added to the card front. 


I started with a kraft card base and everything was built on top of it.  The majority of my cards have many layers on them.  I took a cream mat and added the layers of washi tape on the front.  I just wrap the edges around to the back of the mat.  This card has four different washi tapes on it.  The sentiment was heat embossed onto the bottom of the card.

I die cut a cream oval and a slightly larger dark brown oval.  I adhered them together and then die cut the oak leaf out of the center.  This was mounted onto the card front with foam tape. 

The cream mat was matted with the same dark brown.  All this was adhered to the kraft card front.  Of course, I then had to use a gold spray to add more depth to it.  I love to make fall cards and I love leaves.

I decided to add washi tape to my envelopes.  This is the back of the envelope.


Here is the front of the envelope.  I do hope this tape stays on going through the post offices.



The inside of the cards also have a coordinating piece of washi tape.


Please join us at Happy Little Stampers for our October Anything Goes With Dies Challenge

7 comments:

cm said...

Such a clever use of your pretty washi, especially as the background for your lovely oak die cut! Love this!
~carol

Macimbalo said...

So pretty! I love that sentiment too!

laurie said...

What a fun idea for washi! Awesome card!

Lea Lawson said...

Such a fun use of washi tape, and love the little gold foil!! The paint mist is a great touch too! ♥

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Wonderful card. I love the washi and the way it shows through the negative die cut. I also really like the way you tilted the oval, and the sentiment is sweet.

Julie B said...

Love the negative space with the washi strips peeking through. :)

Deepti Aggarwal said...

Beautiful Card...Love it..Hugs xx Deepti Aggarwal