Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Traveling Art Journal Crafted with Canvas Corp

I am participating this year in a traveling art journal group with designers from Canvas Corp.  Our group is from all around the world.  Many of the participants made their own art journal - I was about to start some traveling so I found one in the correct size.  I am in Group Two.

If you wish to see the journals from Group One check out the post at this link.

Group Two will post their journals on the 15th of each month.  You can find them on the Canvas Corp Blog The Creative Studio.  

Here is a picture of the two page spread.  I learned many things doing this page.
Be careful when you use sprays.  They can bleed through your page even though I had put clear gesso on the pages.  All paints and sprays are from Tattered Angels which is owned by Canvas Corp.



Here is a close up of some of the corners of each page.  The brushes are from a sheet of patterened paper from Canvas Corp.


This pot of paint was also on the same page as the brushes.  You can see some of the embossing paste I used and some of the stamping I did on the background.


This is a Hero Arts stamp.  I thought it was a good quote to use on the first pages of my traveling journal because I would have so many new friends when it returns to me.  I stamped it with Versafine Black Ink and then embossed with clear embossing powder.


Here you can see a paint tube and another paint brush.


This is the first page of my journal.  I love this little bird and his sentiment "why hello there".



Canvas Corp Products Used.  You can shop at this link.

Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist Patina
Tattered Angels Baseboard Paint:  Blue Bird and Iris
Tattered Angels High Impact Paint: Lime Green, Yellow, Orange
Canvas Corp Heirloom Collection: Brushes on Ivory


Please visit Canvas Corp to see all the other journals in Group One and Two.

No comments: