Sunday, November 4, 2012

Operation Write Home Sketch Challenge



Sunday morning - time to get your creativity jump started with the Operation Write Home - Stars and Stamps weekly sketch challenge.

Two different versions for the challenge - one using just patterned paper and a stamped sentiment and then another one with stamped images and sentiment.

I should have moved my strip up higher on the kite card - the bottom of the die cut looks very wonky down there - so people - live and learn from my mistakes - the stripe should have been moved up higher so the curves of the die cut showed..  And the kite card looks naked to me - maybe I should have added some dry embossed texture to it - live and learn from my creative blunders.

I really like the first card with just the patterned paper and the distressing of the edges of the paper - it is My Mind's Eye paper and such a great weight that the distressing is wonderful on it.

These are two of my favorite sentiment for OWH cards.  Every day sentiments - just to help our heroes keep in touch with loves ones at home.  I know the kite and hello stamp are from Hero Arts - and I think the big hugs is also.

Enjoy your Sunday - this time change will kick my butt.  I have a hard time adjusting to it.

11 comments:

Donna Hanley said...

Barb, These are two terrific cards. I also love the papers in your first card. Nice job distressing the edges. Yes, these are two great sentiments for our heroes.

Marlene Diefendorf said...

Two fantastic cards, Barb. I love blue and the paper in you first card. Your distressing is so good, I should be so lucky.

ThePurplePlace said...

Great cards!! You are so fast too! I think they colors are wonderful and I love how you distressed the first card! :)

Linda said...

Great cards...the first is uber yummy with the distressing and dps! tfs!!!!

JoAnn Ross said...

I'm with the others. The colors in your first card are wonderful and the distressing just adds the perfect touch! (When I try to do that, it just looks like my dog's been chewing on my paper, lol)

I also love the colors on the kite card And who doesn't need a big hug? Two great takes on the sketch!

www.hokiecoyote.com said...

Very cute tags. Your choice of paper was spot on.

BobbisTreasure said...

Love the colors on the first card - I am quite the sucker for yellow and blue! And the two patterns work together perfectly.

Jen M said...

These are awesome, Barb! I love that kite card - so bright and cheerful!

Holly Iossa (Homeschool Homestead) said...

I agree with the above comments. I really like the distressing on the first one.

Julie said...

Great cards, Barb! Love the kite :) Thanks for joining us in this week's Operation Write Home Sketch Challenge!

Lee Mae said...

Two terrific cards. The first card has such wonderful papers and colors and I love your use of the kite for the second.