Saturday, September 8, 2012

Penny Black, Authentique and CAS-UAL Friday


Penny Black has a week end challenge to make a mini card.  The majority of my cards are A2 size and for Operation Write Home.  I thought I would give this challenge a try.  I kept thinking which Penny Black stamps would work for this challenge and then I remembered this set - it is a background stamp (you can see the background stamped on the navy paper) and then it has this cute mitten set and sentiment.  I cut the mittens and sentiment apart.

I stamped a navy colored ink over the background paper.  The sentiment is embossed with white embossing powder from Hero Arts - it is a detail embossing powder and it is fantastic.  The mittens were clear embossed on a patterned paper and cut out.  I hand drew the string attaching the mittens - glueing twine on did not work - thus the second background had to be made - I added a snowflake brad to the sentiment strip and put some stickles on.  The sentiment and mittens are pop dotted.  You can see on the mittens I added a cuff - I used some glossy accents and once it was dried - I dabbed on some white gesso to add more dimension.  I also added just a little bling to the snowflake center and the middle of the string.  The card fits into the challenge on CAS-UAL Friday to do embossing.

I also used some of the great papers from Authentique - and the card fits in with their monthly color challenge to use navy, teal and yellow (they use prettier color names) - if you haven't used their papers - pick some up - double sided - most of this card was made with the backside of the papers - the mitten plaid is the only pattern I used from the 6 x 6 pad Curiosity.

Every one enjoy your Saturday - there may be another mini or two in my week end creations.  Wouldn't they be cute to put on a co workers desk during the holidays.

3 comments:

Piali said...

Cute card!! Lovely mittens like the paint on it!Thanks for sharing with us @ CASual Fridays this week!

Kimberly said...

Barb - what a cute and wintery card! I love the colors and the embossing. Thank you so much for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Christina said...

Adorable mittens! I love the plaid and the cute mini size of your card. Thanks for sharing this with us at CAS-ual Fridays!