Monday, April 2, 2012

Oldie Moldie Monday - Echo Park and Penny Black




It is Monday time to show some love to some of that oldier paper and supplies.  I don't know if this paper is that old - but I love the colors.  I have had the Penny Black stickers for quite awhile.  The teal paper is not old - I am loving this purchase from Tuesday Morning - great background paper for cards - so much of the patterned paper now days has tealish colors in it. 

The first card is based on the sketch at Cardabilities.  My card is very simple because it is for our heros.  All three cards are for Operation Write Home - I am trying to make my next box have masculine, regular and children cards in them.  I know these will make some heros kids smile all over their body when they get it in the mail from a parent.  The midweek throwdown at Stars and Stamps - Operation Write Home's card blog - is cute characters.  I believe these hedgehogs are so cute.  The brads are older than dirt also.  I added some sentiment stickers from SRM Stickers to complete the card. 

Everyone enjoy your Monday. 

3 comments:

Linda said...

Adorable!

Lee Mae said...

Great cards. I love Penny Black and those hedgehogs are simply adorable! Thanks for playing in our Midweek Throwdown Challenge at Operation Write Home Stars & Stamps!

p.s. I love Tuesday Morning too. I got a Tim Holtz 12x12 paper pad called Retro Grunge for $5. It is still for sale at Micheal's at the regular price. Nothing like a bargain!

Kathryn said...

Tuesday Morning does have some great finds! I love the colors you used on these cards. So cute!