Sunday, April 15, 2012

Happy Hello



Can you believe this is my take on the weekly sketch at the Operation Write Home card blog Stars and Stamps.  I guess I could not make up my mind. 


I made the first card with the greys and pinks (very old collection from Stampin Up) and did not know if I was really too excited about it.  The second card is entirely different - I used a square which is a recycled gift card, the orange behind it is the envelope and cardstock.  I embossed the cardstock and then I felt I needed a contrast between the upper and lower level colors of cardstock.  The sentiment on the bottom card is from Unity Stamps.  The thank you image is a digital by our own Paula.

I am also entering this in the Art Impressions challenge - "thinking of you" challenge - I believe a Happy Hello - should qualify as a thinking of you card. 

What do you think?

18 comments:

Donna Hanley said...

Barb, I think it's good when you cannot make up your mind. OWH get more cards that way. Both of your cards are extremely pretty. Love that butterfly.
Thanks for sharing.

StampTramps said...

They're both great. I can't pick a favorite.

Cindy's Card Co said...

Boy aren't we quick today. I love the first one.

Jen M said...

Ooooh, very pretty! Great job, Barb!

Sarah said...

These cards are so pretty!

Carol L said...

I like both of them, and I love that older retired SU dsp! I have the same thing in chocolate brown that I need to use up (so I can buy more of course) :) I'm hopelessly addicted to pretty paper :)

Linda said...

the black and white and pink is just stunning! TFS

Linda said...

i love the paper and colors you used on the first card...That is from Paula? Great stuff. TFS!!!

SusanS said...

Barb - I like both cards! Two great examples for this sketch. I can not pick a favorite. Super !!!

Shauna said...

I like the gray and pink :) I like it when old stuff from our stashes turn into such great things!

Unknown said...

Nice batch. I really like the pink and gray card.

Cynthia T said...

Your cards are so pretty! Isn't this sketch fun to work with?

JoAnn Ross said...

I like them both, but really, really love the colors on the first one!! So pretty!

airbornewife said...

What BEAUtiful cards Barb... thanks for sharing ~ Pam

ThePurplePlace said...

Stunning card and a fun sketch! I love it!! ;)

Anonymous said...

Love them both! nice work

Julie said...

Beautiful cards, Barb! I love the pink and grey one. Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!

Sherry Hickey said...

Two beautiful cards, Barb! I haven't tackled the sketch yet; these are inspiring!