Sunday, April 10, 2011

Is it summer already?



We have jumped from winter to summer in Wisconsin - it is in the 80's today. I did manage to get some lawn work done this week end and my body is telling me that I did - but it does look better. I raked up with the assistance of a couple of the neighbor kids 6 bags of yard waste. It only cost me an ice cream cone and a popcicle. The neighbor kids all work for popcicles. I really have them trained right.

My card today is my weekly card of encouragement for a special person. Last week - please don't be ashamed of me - I bought a card and mailed it. The card was even a little lame. The great image comes from The Paper Shelter - it is called Cockatoo Rules. The Paper Shelter blog has a challenge this week - anything goes - so that works for a masculine card.

This great paper comes from a company called Simple Stories - it is a new company to me - I will have to go check out their website.

Well I must go and get some more work done.

4 comments:

Cheryl Valadez said...

Hi Dawn! Such a great card! And I absolutely adore that sentiment! It pairs perfectly with our confident cockatoo ;D By the way...yard help that works for popsicles and ice cream? Awesome! Keep them around...LOL!

Thanks for joining the challenge this week at The Paper Shelter ;D Hugz, Cheryl

Cards By MI said...

Wonderful card! All little details are perfect and so is the sentiment. I love this image. He is so cool! Thanks for playing with us over at TPS Challenges this week.
Love n hugs
Marie

Nannieflash said...

Fabulous card love the colouring, and your papers are gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at TPS, good luck with the challenge. with hugs Shirleyxxx

Bella´s Bastelecke said...

Beautiful cards...such cute images and colors...thanks for joining us this week at TPS........

Hugs
Judith