Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Tuesday, February 1, 2011



Good Tuesday afternoon - I am being a slackard today - I decided to take a day of vacation from work and not fight the winter storm - one more day tomorrow and I know tomorrow will be much worse - a blizzard is heading our way. I took a nap already today and that felt so good. Hopefully tonight I can stay up past 8 p.m. and get back on a normal sleeping pattern.

I wanted to make a bright, happy card today. I had colored this digi image "Daisy With Bea" from I Brake for Digis so I needed to find some fun paper to make a card with. This grouping from My Mind's Eye has such pretty colors in it. No yellow but a beautiful orange, blue and pink. I was able to pick up on the yellow with my accent pieces and placed my thank you sticker on a punched flower that I added color with Copics and then inked the edges to bring some orange onto the punched flower. I pop dotted the image and sentiment to balance the depth of the bow and big brad.

The design of the card is based on the sketch from Unscripted Sketches - a very fun sketch - lots of layers - and I am all about the layers.

Everyone have a great day - hopefully you are enjoying your weather - I need to do some housework but maybe I will just keep creating - there is always tomorrow.

Card Details:
Size: 4.5 x 6
Paper: My Mind's Eye
Digi Image: I Brake For Digis colored with Copics
SRM Sticker
Ribbon: May Arts
Brad: Bazzill

6 comments:

dstandard said...

Loving that image! Thanks for playing at Unscripted Sketches!

Jessica said...

Really cute card! I am loving that bow!

Linda Beeson said...

Now that is a FUN card! Fun image and fun colors and loving how you used the Unscripted sketch.

Angy said...

I love it ~ so sweet! The flower just beaming down on the little bee. Really cute... thanks for creating along with us at Unscripted. PS. Hope you weathered the storm okay.

Conniecrafter said...

very cute, love the image and like the sentiment on the flower

Chrissy D said...

This is SO cute!