Friday, February 18, 2011

Friday, February 18, 2011



Good Friday morning - I have taken a day off from work today and my friend Mary and I are going to go play today - we are going to go do some shopping. I know what I want to get - someone has the new collection called Twig - that is calling to me - Mary is after Tonic punches to go in their border punch thing. Hopefully, then we might have some time to play. We will see.

Today's card - and believe me - it is for the next holiday season - because I am ready for spring. Most of our snow has melted so we can see dirty ground now but I do enjoy being able to see when I back out of my driveway.

The card is being entered into two challenges - the first challenge is from the Penny Black blog to use vellum on a card. I struggled with this one trying to figure out exactly what to do with the vellum - I finally tore what is suppose to look like a hill and embossed it in my Cuddlebug. I aded some Stickles to a few of the snowflakes to give them some glitter. Vellum is hard to adhere without your adhesive showing. The main adhesive is behind Mr. Cutie Petuttie Snowman - I love this stamp from Penny Black. He or she has so much personality.

The second challenge is to make a card using markers from the Moxie Fab World blog. They are highlighting the different areas of stamping from their special edition Stamp It! - I have a card in next year's issue - I am so excited. But back to this card - I colored the snowman with my Copics. Snowmen are so easy to color - sometimes you only need to do a little highlighting on their shape - but this special snowman has a wonderful scarf and hat - this also works great for paper piecing - hmmmmmm - Moxie Fab - does have a challenge on paper piecing also - maybe I should use Mr. Cutie Petuttie Snowman for that challenge. Obviously blue was the color of choice to match the background papers - to add some texture to his scarf - I took the colorless blender and removed color to make it look like the scarf was polka dotted.

Some other highlights of the card are my snowflakes - these are foam snowflakes that I picked up at Michael's. A big bag for a very reasonable price. I love the depth they add to the card. I always add some Stickles to them to make them sparkle. I also took a class recently on using Copics but one of the things I did learn was to use chalk to color your background of your stamped image - the whiteness always bothered me - so I now dig out my chalks and add some color around the stamped image. It is nice to use some of your older supplies.

Everyone have a wonderful day.

Card Details:
Size: 5 x 5
Paper: Die Cuts With a View (The Christmas Combo stack)
Stamp: Penny Black colored with Copics
Brads: Making Memories
Stickles
Snowflakes: Michael's
Vellum: unknown

2 comments:

Ivanka said...

It's adorable Barb! I just love that image and the vellum is just perfect. Adds the finishing touch. Hope you had a fun day of shopping and playing with Mary! And I agree, it sure is nice to see grass.

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Barb! Thanks for entering the Stamping with Markers challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)