Friday, October 1, 2010

Friday, October 1, 2010


Oh my - how did it get to be October already. I guess it is time to go on leaf watch and hope my oak trees drop their leaves soon so I can get them raked - of course - that is a neighborhood fun time - all the kids come over and rake so they can play in the piles - they also love to use the leaf blower. I do enjoy that time with the kiddos.
The card I am sharing today is based off the sketch from 2 Sketches 4 You - thank you for encouraging me to use the die cuts I bought (Tim Holtz alterations). I love how the card turned out - I think I may make some more for holiday cards. It was actually very easy. The pleating of the ribbon took the longest - I just handstitched it together and I love that little row of stitches on top. The tutorial on the Operation Write Home card blog was hand stitching so will put my card over there also.
Everyone have a wonderful day - we have a cold front coming in for the week end so I think it will be time to do some baking and make a pot of soup or chili. I did buy a new soup cookbook - I just need to get it back from a co worker. I have leeks in the refrig I need to use and the neighbors need to get their annual offering of apple cake.
Card Details:
Size: 4.25 x 5.5
Patterned Paper: Basic Grey
Kraft cardstock: Hobby Lobby
Stamp: Tim Holtz - Stampers Anonymous
Ink: Colorbox Chalk Ink - Chestnut Roan
Ribbon and button from my supplies
Twine: May Arts
Die Cut: Tim Holtz Alterations by Sizzix

2 comments:

Julie said...

That stitched ribbon is adorable!

Unknown said...

i love the vintage feel to this card - and the ribbon detail is fab
Thanks for joining us this week at 2S4Y
:) Kazan