Sunday, July 18, 2010

Sunday, July 18, 2010



Clear and Simple Sketch




Good morning - busy this morning working around the house - wanted to post a couple cards I made last night. Very simple cards.
Card 2 is based on the sketch at Clean and Simple Stamping - I sometimes have a card time doing Simple so a sketch helps me. I just grabbed scraps out of the scrap bin to make this card - I almost did not have enough of the pink to stamp a sentiment - but luckily I found enough space for this particular sentiment.
Card 1 is just a very simple holiday card. I am loving the kraft paper and the dark brown ink combination. This Hero Art snowflake background stamp is fantastic. The sentiment is from another Hero Arts acrylic set. I have lots of this paper that is used as the backgroun that I stamped on and the matting leftover from a former project - If you look back in my posts you will find more cards using this paper. Actually the block is straight on the card - I was trying to take a picture on the branches of the pine tree and the branch was moving a little.
Luckily Moxie Fab has a challenge for Let's Do Clean and Graphic - I am not for sure if they qualify for the clean (I should not let the brown color cloud my vision correct) - the cards are clean and graphic compared to what I create most of the time.
Everyone enjoy the remainder of your day. Trying to do some cooking today for the remainder of the week. So far I have made a lovely soup (Corn Chowder) it will taste good for lunch - the AC is always cool at work so a warm soup will taste wonderful.
Card One:
Stamps: Hero Arts
Ink: Colorbox Chalk Ink (Chestnut Roan) by Clearsnap
Patterned Paper: My Mind's Eye
Card Two:
Patterned Paper: Scraps
Stamps: Flower - Unity Stamp Company Sentiment - Memory Box
Ink: Colorbox Chalk Ink (Chestnut Roan) by Clearsnap

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Very nice. I like that flower stamp.

theneon said...

This is a great use of the sketch and also a good way to use up those scraps huh?

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Barb! Thanks for entering the Let's Do Clean & Graphic Card Style challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on the fun! :)