Monday, July 26, 2010

Oldie Moldie Monday, July 26, 2010


Good Monday morning - a quick post before I am off to start my day. It is oldie moldie Monday - time to dig into your supply of paper and show it some love. I love to buy paper - so other paper gets shoeved aside - on Monday's though - I dig some out and try to create with it - to use some of it up - so I can go buy more of course.
My cards today are based on the sketch at Card Positioning System - a very simple sketch but so very versatile. My cards today - one is a belated birthday card for a friend and one is for my cards that I send to Operation Write Home. Operation Write Home is a wonderful way for you to do something worthwhile, creative and it helps you use up your supplies. I sometimes will pick out a grouping of paper and work it all up for my cards. It seems to work really well for me. My cards both work for the SRM Sticker monthly challenge for clean and simple cards.
Once again I visited the world of making your own tissue flowers. I do like how it turned out. I have seen ruffles made with crepe paper - but alas - no crepe paper - so tissue paper works very well also. I believe this red was bought on clearance after Christmas. I just laid down a length of adhesive and started pleating my strip. The flower was made by cutting multiple layers of crepe paper with my Spellbinders.
Everyone have a wonderful way.
Card Details
Size: 4.25 x 5.5
1st card - Bo Bunny Paper
2nd card - scrap of doublesided paper - I believe it was Scrapworks
Cuddlebug Embossing folder
Stickers: SRM Stickers

2 comments:

Linda Beeson said...

I like both of them, great way to use the CPS sketch.

Kathy said...

Yumm...love this red flower with all the yummy layering :) and the other card is so happy. Love them both :)