Sunday, April 6, 2008

Recipe Page or What was I thinking???

What was I thinking - my neighbor asked me to participate in this recipe page exchange - you make 20 6 x 6 recipe pages and go to an exchange and get 20 pages - you make your recipe and bring it along - we each pay $20 and get a album that holds our recipes. I really do not like doing repetivie work - this must be why I do not participate in swaps.

This is a favorite recipe for Apple Cake - it is so yummy. I have had this recipe for over 30 years - and always think of Marge and her family and the mark they left on our family. When I saw this great patterned paper by K&Co. - I knew my recipe page was going to be very non traditional colors. It is not very fancy - but I don't do my best work when I am sick and when you have put it off - GET RR DONE - was the matra for this project. My neighbor hasn't started hers yet - but I did do all her shopping for her - she is doing Texas Cavier - I could have designed her page for her. A 6 inch square is not very big.

Here is the recipe so you don't have to read it off the page -


Apple Cake

Topping - Mix ½ cup each: White sugar, brown sugar, nuts

Dice 2 cups apples

Cake - Cream together:1 cup each white sugar & brown sugar
½ c. margarine/shortening
Add 2 eggs and 1 c. sour milk or buttermilk
Add2 ½ cups flour, 2 tsp soda1 tsp cinnamon, ½ tsp salt
Stir in diced apples,
Pour into greased and floured 9 x 13 pan.

Sprinkle sugar/nut mixture on top.

Bake 350 degrees 35-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

No comments: