Tuesday, December 5, 2023

The Male Room Christmas Challenge

I am the guest designer for The Male Room Challenge for the month of December.  I am honored to be playing along with their challenge this month.


Are you scrambling to get more Christmas cards done for this year?  Last year I was ahead of the game and had enough cards done - this year - I am going to be short in my cards.  The challenge this month at The Male Room is Christmas and it can help you get at least one more card done or maybe you can batch a few cards of your design.


I was visiting my friend Cindy and I used a couple of her sets of Tim Holtz stamps to make this card.  She had made a card very similar to this design so she provided the tools and inspiration for me.  I watercolored the images with the Tim Holtz watercolor pencils.  I then inked the edges of the image with several colors of distress oxide ink.  The image was matted with dark red cardstock and then layered on top of some very well aged patterned paper.  I have a large collection of well aged pattern paper.  I finished the card with splatters of the expresso oxide ink.  I did make six of this card.  Four of the cards use a different patterned paper.


Please come and play along with the December challenge at The Male Room.  

Thanks for stopping by.  


 

5 comments:

Aimeslee Winans said...

Beautiful vintage look and congrats on guest designing, xoxo

MortiCraft said...

Gorgeous vintage Christmas card. I love how you have aged the papers with DO inks. Thanks for being Guest Designer at The Male Room. X

Fiona said...

This is gorgeous Barb - oh no some Tim Holtz stamps I don't have! Eek! Love how you've put it together with the papers - thanks for being our GD this month. I hope you get all your cards done in time. Fiona

Helen said...

Love your card and the vintage style - perfect for The Male Room Challenge.

Thanks so much for being our Guest Designer this month.

Helen x

Cathy said...

Thanks for being the GDT at The Male Room blog. I like the vintage vibe of the card.