Saturday, June 3, 2023

June Birthday Challenge at Happy Little Stampers

 Hard to believe it is already June and it is time for some new challenges at Happy Little Stampers.  The birthday challenge is always fun because it is Anything Goes and we know we all have birthday cards to make.  


I don't need this birthday card until January 2024 so hopefully I do not misplace it before then.  It will be my daughter's 50th birthday.  How did she get that old.  


On this card I used the negative image of a stencil.  I had used a lavender stencil and made a couple things (hint stop by the stencil challenge this month to see that card).  After I was done stenciling the lavender, I sprayed it with water and flipped it onto some white cardstock and got the lovely background for this card.

I had lavender die cuts which I colored with watercolor also and laid them on the card front.  I added the sentiment.  It was suppose to have ribbon on it but I forgot.  Oh well - it looks fine without the ribbon.  She is growing lavender so that is why I made a card with this theme.  

Here is a close up of the design.

Please join us at the Happy Little Stampers Birthday challenge.  

Thanks for stopping by.  

2 comments:

Alyson Mayo said...

This is gorgeous - love the negative stenciledl image in the background :)

BożenA said...

This is a special card for a special occasion. I'm sure your daughter will be delighted. If I got such a card from my mother, I would be the happiest fifty-year-old woman in the world :-)
hugs,
BożenA