Friday, March 3, 2023

Happy Little Stamper's March Birthday Challenge

It is March and your design teams from Happy Little Stampers have enjoyed their break and are back to inspire you with their wonderful creations.

It is time for the March birthday challenge.  The theme is always anything goes.  You know you have birthdays that need cards and this is a great way to get your cards made ahead of time.  My card share for today is actually for a birthday in October - please don't ask if I have the cards made for March and April.


I was playing along with Junk Journal January and I needed to do something with the prompt of sewing.  I went into my sewing room (aka junk room currently) and sat down and pondered what would I do.  I found these cute panels that I had planned on making cards out of.  I took one of the panels and stitched it and added it to my Junk Journal but I wanted to keep stitching so made this panel and it became a card.

Slow stitching is wonderful because it does not have to be perfect and my old eyes cannot stitch perfect anymore.  After the stitching was complete, I matted the stitched image with brown and turquoise cardstock.  A coral cardstock and a cardstock stripe completed the matting.  Everything was added to a kraft card base.


Here is a close up of some of the stitching.  The stitching has been very therapeutic.

Please join us at Happy Little Stamper's March Birthday challenge.

Thanks for stopping by.  

2 comments:

Catie Cuddles said...

Oh my. This is amazing. X

Alyson Mayo said...

What a neat idea I don't do a lot of stitching but I love how you turned a unique panel into a card :)