Sunday, December 4, 2022

Happy Little Stampers December Christmas Challenge

Are you ready for Christmas?  Have you got all your Christmas cards made?  I always hope to have my first batch of cards mailed at the very beginning of December.  I usually end up with several trips to the post office.  I have already bought some Christmas stamps.  I am getting ready.  But I digress, are you ready?

The theme for the December Christmas Challenge at Happy Little Stampers is always Anything goes with an added option which this month is stencil.   


I started with a background I did some light blue ink smooshing on.  I then used a stencil from darkroom door - small stencil - Bauble Set.  The details in the middle of the ornament were from an ornament stencil from Honey Bee Stamps. The colors of oxide ink used were mowed lawn, lucky clover, salvaged patina, peacock feathers and blueprint sketch.  

I stenciled it and goofed up in my placement of the bow so I fussy cut out the bow and the ornament.  I was not having a good day of creating - I did three different stenciled backgrounds and managed to save two of them.  I did use one of the ornaments from the ruined background to decorate the inside of the card.

I used a dot stencil and added a clear sparkly gel to the background.  The ornament and sentiment were attached with foam.  I matted the panel with a bright green card stock and added it to a navy card base.


Here is a close up of the ornament.  I wrapped silver thread around the center of the bow so it matched the silver thread which was used as the hanger.  You can see the sparkle in the bow, background and on the center medallion in the ornament.  To add the sparkle to the bow I just rubbed a light layer of the glitter gel over the bow.


Here is the inside of the card where I glued the salvaged ornament from the ruined background.


Please join us at Happy Little Stampers for the December Christmas Challenge.  

Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

Alyson Mayo said...

Your card turned out beautifully despite the problems you had! I love the colours you used :)

JulieP said...

The coloring of your bulb is gorgeous!!!! Beautiful card.