Tuesday, December 6, 2022

Happy Little Stampers December Stencil Challenge

It is time to participate in the December stencil challenge at Happy Little Stampers.   Our stencil challenge is always "anything goes."


I chose to make a baby card this month.  We have a new baby boy coming into the world and I knew I would need a card as soon as he arrives.  

I had bought this cute vehicle layered stencil from Pretty Pink Posh when I knew the baby was going to be a boy.  

I must admit I watched a video and used the same colors from the video I watched. My mojo has been sadly lacking so I knew this would help me in creating the card.

I first did some light blue ink smooshing on the background - I have a slight problem with completely white backgrounds.  The sedan is done with mowed lawn and lucky clover oxide inks.  The truck is done with candied apple and fired brick oxide inks.  The little card (which you can hardly see is salvaged patina and peacock feathers oxide inks.  The school bus is mustard seed and wild honey oxide inks.  I used the second color for each vehicle to shade the bottom.  It is an easy layered stencil to use.

Unfortunately I did have an issue with my stenciling so had to chop off the top row of vehicles.

Luckily I had just bought a set of sentiments that had a "welcome baby" sentiment.  I do not have much in my "too many supplies" that are baby related.  

After trimming down the background, I matted it with bright green card stock and put it on a navy card base.  


I was able to use the row I had to chop off to decorate the inside of my card.  

I am ready for this baby to be born.  I just mailed a big box off to the family.

Please come join us for the Happy Little Stampers Stencil Challenge.  

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: