Friday, July 6, 2018

Happy Little Stampers July Mixed Media Challenge

It is time for another Mixed Media challenge at Happy Little Stampers.  It is time to get a little messy.

The challenge is "newspaper".



I had one piece of patterned paper that kinda resembled a page of a newspaper.  This is what I went with.  I cut it to size and put a light layer of white gesso on it so that the words still showed through.  I then added distress oxides to color the gesso.  (of course - that is no surprise - I use the oxides on almost every card.)

The focal point (the man with the umbrella) is a die my friend has and I cut 4 of them when I was visiting.  I glued two together to give a little weight to the focal point.  I heat embossed the stars in gold embossing powder.  The triangles and little dots were stamped with black ink.

The sentiment was heat embossed in gold on black paper.  I used my stapler (which has blue staples in it - which was OK for this card) to attach the sentiment to the side of the card.  I used a different orientation for the sentiment.  (there is a closer picture of the sentiment further down in the post).  I added a few more staples around the card to add more texture.

Gold and silver thread were added behind the focal point.


Here is a close up of the image.


Here you can see the background at the top of the card with the staples, embossed stars and black triangles and dots.


Here is a close up of the sentiment.


Please join us at Happy Little Stampers for our Mixed Media Challenge.

There are prizes so please come play.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I love this card. Great with the silhouette.
Lovely greetings, Michelle
PS: your permalink does not work right.

Susan Renshaw said...

We used the same die Barb! Great minds! Love your background and a0ll the texture. Super make!