Thursday, May 31, 2018

Clean and Simple Card and Distress Oxide Inks

OK - I will admit it - I am addicted to my distress oxide inks and I am anxiously waiting for the next group of colors to come out.  I think I should be stalking someone but I don't have time for it.

The new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches intrigued me.  How could I pull this off and then a light bulb went off in my head - cleaning stopped - and I was off to create.  Of course, it does not take much to let me leave cleaning and create or just do anything else.


I use a rectangle die to cut a piece of Bristol smooth card stock.  I love to use this with my oxide inks.  I also cut a scrap piece of paper to work out my cuts and once satisfied, I cut two dies into the shapes.

I smooshed oxide ink on my work surface and sprayed it with water.  I dipped the large triangle and then sprayed with with water to make it lighter in color.  The small triage was dipped a couple times to get a darker color.  After this was done, I laid all three pieces on my work surface and added splatters (I have a problem with plain white - it is so plain - it scares me.)

I had a new floral stamp from Rubbernecker stamps and decided to stamp that on the large triangle with VersaFine black onys ink.  I just kept moving the stamp over and down until I filled the bottom of the triangle.  I stamped the sentiment with the same ink on the upper piece.

I made a top fold card base and adhered my pieces to the card base.  After it was assembled on the card base I decided it needed just a little piece of something along that line.  My Favorite Things has a 6 x 6 pad dedicated to black/white narrow stripe paper - one design straight and one design on the diagonal.  It is wonderful.  Thank you My Favorite Things for doing this.  I then trimmed down the card base so the card sketch covers the entire front of the card base.


I liked it so much I had to make a second one but in a different color.


Addicted to Stamps and More's challenge this week is clean and simple.


The challenge at the Wednesday Simon Says Stamp is Anything Goes.

I  am also entering this card into the challenge at Rubbernecker Stamps where the challenge is Ready For Summer.  I love all the flowers in the summer.  Before I had paper therapy I had dirt therapy which I still indulge in.

Thanks for stopping by.  It has been a good week because I have gotten to do some creating this week.  Being creative is so good for your inner soul.

4 comments:

Jen Brum said...

These are such gorgeous cards! I love how you've created the panels The black and white stripes look perfect peeking out! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

maria f. said...

Love this - especially the strip of B/W. And I'm with you on crafting vs cleaning ;)

Kim S said...

Beautiful application of those colors - love it with the simple stems on top. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Mindy Baxter said...

I love card sets that are the same but different colors. That striped strip really makes the card pop! Love it! Thank you so much for joining us for Simon Says Stamp Wednesday, Anything Goes Challenge.

♥Mindy