Sunday, August 6, 2017

Happy Little Stampers Mixed Media August Challenge

Hard to believe it is August already and time for a new Mixed Media Challenge at Happy Little Stampers.  The challenge this month is tissue paper.


I had ordered online and my items came wrapped in this beautiful tissue paper and I knew I wanted to use it on a card.


I adhered the tissue paper to watercolor paper with gel medium.  I wanted to use a paper that had some body to it to support what I was going to add to the front of the card.  I added a layer of snowflake texture paste to add some glisten and texture to the card front.


I colored a circle with Dina Wakely paint to make a matching background for the flower I fussy cut from the tissue.  The background matches beautifully.  The flower is pop dotted on the matted circle.  The circles are also pop dotted for more dimension.


I white embossed a birthday sentiment on a black circle and then cut the top off and pop dotted it to the top of the card.  I tied a beautiful bow to bring some more black on the card front.

I had fussy cut another large flower and I put that on the back of the envelope so it will be pleasing to the eye also.

Please join us at Happy Little Stampers for our August Mixed Media Challenge.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Pretty card .... what gorgeous tissue paper xx