Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Happy Little Stampers Mixed Media Challenge

I am proud to tell everyone that I am now on the design team for Happy Little Stampers for their Mixed Media challenges.  I love to play with mixed media.  You ask - "what is mixed media."  I recently heard this definition - it is anything that you create where you combine several different ways of doing things.  This is a very basic definition.  To me it means that I use paper, ink, paint, string, embossing paste, and the list can go on.

This month the challenge is to recycle.  I was very excited when I saw this was the challenge.  I save lots of different things and now I got a chance to use some of them.


This is a birthday card - I have not decided who for sure will get it.  It has to be someone who appreciates all the hard work I put into the card.


Recycled Items:  kraft base; dark brown layer (backing in Tim Holtz stencil packages; pink and green paper is from Tim Holtz embossing folder package; girl image is backing in Christy Tomlinson packaging; lace - little piece leftover from some project floated around sewing room for years;cardboard; threads leftover from tearing fabric strips: muslin bow - leftover torn strip; flower is sewing pattern tissue; center of flower is threads wet with gel medium and colored; and butterflies are from some Prima packaging.  I did distress the edges of the packaging.

Red paint was added to the flowers in the girls hair and white embossing paste was put on the image and smeared on the cardboard.

Here is a close up of the flower.


Here is a close up of the corner with the thread, butterflies, lace and embossing paste.


Close up of the girl and the cardboard.


I really enjoyed digging through all my saved items and I think I came up with a wonderful card.  I really love it.

Come play with us at Happy Little Stampers.  They have other challenges each month besides Mixed Media.

5 comments:

Melissa L. said...

This is very cool, Barb! Someone will surely appreciate all of your mixed media loveliness! Welcome to the team!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

This is really incredible Barb. So many interesting elements to create this artful masterpiece. I am so lucky to be guesting among such wonderful artists. xx Stephanie

Michelle said...

I love this. The image is coloured so great and I like all the layers.
Nice to be with you on the team.
xx Michelle

Helen Gullett said...

WOW! You totally rock! This is one gorgeous card! The layering work is awesome!

Inkyfingers said...

What a fabulous creation Barb and I love all your intricate details. The special person who gets this will treasure it for sure. Welcome to the Team!
Hugs
Carol x