Monday, December 7, 2015

Oldie Moldie Monday

It is Monday - time to show some love to your oldier supplies.  Today I  am using an older piece of patterned paper (Pink); old book pages and a sentiment stamp I have had for awhile.


I drew the little bird on some book pages.  He is colored with InkIntense colors and then cut out.  My inspiration for the bird was from Pinterest.  I find that I like drawing birds.

The background piece (yellow) is two layers of book pages which have gesso added to them and then a light color wash of yellow.  It picks up the yellow in the bird.  The bird was glued to the background.  I stenciled some embossing paste dots around the bird.  I stamped little black stars (it needed something more so that is why I added the stars.)  I assembled the card and added the sentiment.  I  then put the entire card in a box lid and misted over the top with a grey spray.  The mist falls gently onto the card front.  I love the little extra the mist adds to the card.

I am entering the card in three challenges.

The first challenge is the Monday challenge blog for Simon Says where the challenge is "holly jolly stamping."  The sentiment and stars are stamped.

The second challenge is the mixed media challenge at Happy Little Stampers.  The challenge is "Anything Goes."


The third challenge is the Christmas challenge at Happy Little Stampers.   The challenge is to use a star on your Christmas card.


Thanks for stopping by and remember to show some love for your oldier supplies.

8 comments:

Loll said...

Cool bird Barb. You are great at drawing them! Love the paper piecing you've done and your fun mix of bright patterned papers for the backgrounds. Thanks for sharing at Happy Little Stampers.

sarascloset said...

Fabulous birdie artwork on your brilliant card! Way to use that old paper, too; so fitting for this fun, festive card! Thank you for your visit to my blog; so happy to read your comment! Hugs!

gail said...

cute card, love how you have drawn your bird, thanks for sharing with us at Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge

Toni said...

Your card makes me smile! I love the colors and textures and that little Santa hat!


Toni
HLS MM DT

Anna-Karin said...

Fabulous card! I love the bird. Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!!

SewPaperPaint said...

This funky bird card is totally FAB! Love your quirky style, such a breath of fresh air!!! <3 Hugs, Autumn

Ingrid said...

What a cute little guy! I love all the details you put into your card. Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers! :)

Linda said...

This is so much fun .... love the bright colours. Thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers. Linda xx