Saturday, August 1, 2015

Mixed Media Mojo August Challenge - Anything Goes

It is the first of the month and time to get your Mojo rev started with the monthly challenge at Mixed Media Mojo.  The challenge for August is anything goes.  I love those challenges because then you can do a project you may need to get done.


I had to make a card for a challenge on a group I belong to.  The challenge was "something sweet" - well cupcakes are pretty sweet. 



The cupcake is a digital image that I traced onto patterned paper and cut out.  The background is patterned paper adhered to mixed media paper for support.  I then coated the paper with a layer of clear gesso.  The design still shows through but when you color on the surface the color has something to bite onto to.  I then added different colors of gelatos on the patterned paper.  The cupcake and sentiment were adhered with gel medium.  I added a coating of glass bead gel over the top of the cupcake.  The bow was colored with gelatos and water.  Embossing paste was colored with gelatos also and using a stencil added some random polka dots around the card.

Please join us for our monthly challenge.  I am excited to see your projects.  

I am entering this into the weekly challenge on the Monday Challenge Blog for Simon Says Stamp which is to not use ordinary paper.  I did use the mixed media paper as my base for the card.  


1 comment:

Suzanne C said...

Yummy card! There is nothing a good cupcake can't make you feel better about! Thank you for sharing it with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!