Sunday, August 30, 2015

A Simple Thank You

I am in the need of some thank you cards so I decided to attempt the sketch on C(ASE) This Sketch.  I have a hard time making CASE cards.  I am a "many layers cardmaker" so simple cards scary - a single layer card - OMG - that send me over the edge.  Here is the sketch.


Here is my take on the sketch.


The background is done on watercolor paper.  It is smooshed distress ink.  I then added silver embossing paste.  I wanted to try the the look of the looped string (this is not easy - you should see the second card I made like this).  The sentiment is from Paper Smooches.  I added some sparkly dots to complete the card.

Here is a close up of the focal point of the card.



I am also entering it into the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge for the week where the theme is Anything Goes.



You can buy your own Paper Smooches stamps at this link.

I am also entering this into the challenge on CAS on Sunday which is Splash (or use water on your card).  To Smoosh, you must spritz your distress ink with water.

If you have a spare birthday card for a little boy who is battling cancer it would be wonderful if you could mail him one.  I believe he will be 6 years old at the end of this month.  Here is his address:  Colin Cahill, 819 Capman Street, Milton, WI  53563

Thanks for stopping by.

4 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is fabulous! I love your take on the sketch!

Lisa Arana said...

what a super fabulous card! love that texture!!! thank you so much for joining us at the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge!

Shelly said...

Sooo pretty! Thanks for joining us at CAS on Sunday!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

I saw your card featured on the Paper Smooches FB page [https://www.facebook.com/PaperSmooches] as one of our "FB Featured Players" from the August Anything Goes (wk5) challenge--- congrats! 

Simple is perfect! LOVE this awesome card:)

THANKS so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at PSS! Hope you play along again soon:) HUGS <3 Sav