Saturday, September 6, 2014

Messing Around with Mixed Media

I have been doing bunches of messing with canvas, paint, gelatos, gesso, stencils, embossing paste, my Silhouette Cameo.  I have been having fun.

I had this lovely purplish paper bag so I glued it to my canvas with gel medium.  Isn't that pretty.


The I started layering all kinds of things on top of that pretty paper.

then some more stuff.

I believe at this point I laid a stencil over the top and dabbed teal paint through it.  It just adds another dimension to the canvas.  I then cut a flower and words with my Cameo Silhouette.  I painted them.


So once again I started adding layers, rub ons, embossing paste that I colored.  It did not turn out as bright as I wanted so I added paint in bright pink.  I then decided I needed to add a little white to balance the white in the letters.  Oh - I also added glitter.  Now do you want to see the final result.  I sure hope so.

Here it is.  I am sending this to a young lady who I am so proud of.  She has accomplished so much and overcome some bumps on the road.  I know she will appreciate this.

I am going to enter this in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog where the challenge is to Go Boldly.  It is very vibrant.

Thanks for stopping by.


1 comment:

Suzanne C said...

Fantastic bright and bold canvas! Perfect Mixed Media for the challenge this week. Thanks for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!