Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Wednesday - What's Cooking??

So I think I am going to start a new weekly post called - Wednesday - What's Cooking?? - maybe it will get me back to cooking again.

We have a weight loss team at work - it goes through May 13 so as a team we are suppose to lose weight.  We have two office workers who have already been losing their weight so they are not on the team but encourage us on.  Pat is our walking coach - even though it is bad weather outside - Pat rounds up as many of the troop in the office and they walk the hallways and stairs of our building.  I have not yet joined them because of a sore foot - I probably just need to suck it up and see if it makes it any worse.

I found this recipe for Oatmeal in the crock pot.  Very health recipe so I made it last week at work.  I made it one day and then we could have it for breakfast the next day.  I made a double batch and all day the question was - is the oatmeal going to blow the top off the crock pot.  It got to the very top but we did not have to scrape it off the ceiling.  Of course, we all had to taste it when it came out of the crock pot at the end of the day - we had a little bit and put a dollop of vanilla Greek yogurt on top.  My boss was laughing - she said she could hear the clinking of the spoons scrapping the bowls.  We just warmed it in the microwave the next day.

Crock Pot Oatmeal


Peel and slice 2 applies and place in the bottom of the crock pot.

Add 1/3 cup brow sugar (I used brown sugar substitute and the amount that equals 1/3 cup)

1 tsp cinnamon

Pour 2 cups oatmeal (I used regular oatmeal - not quick cooking - going for all that fiber)

Pour 4 cups of water on top.

Do NOT stir.  Cook overnight for 8 to 9 hours on low.  

And yes, do not stir, you will be so surprised when it is done cooking - what is underneath - at that point I stirred it all together.

Enjoy.

No comments: