Saturday, June 23, 2012

Stampendous and Play Date Cafe - Summer Fun


Good morning - a quick share on this beautiful Saturday morning.  The weather is gorgeous - doors open, fresh air - so wonderful after a week of being stuck in the office.  I have a card I played with last night.  It satisfies two challenges.

Stampendous - for the month of June - is to make summer cards.  My other cards were very whimsical - today we are more elegant.  What is more summer than an beautiful blue sky and beautiful flowers.

The blue, black and white color combination is the challenge from Play Date Cafe.  The inspiration photo is this beautiful photo.  


The blue background is Twinkling H2O's on watercolor paper.  My friend Ivanka had hers out and played with them with some beautiful results - so she inspired me to use mine.  Thank you.  Luckily they do not dry up or go bad.  The blue has a beautiful sheen to it.  The stamp is an old one from Stampendous white embossed.  I found some black and white houndstooth ribbon so dug out my houndstooth embossing folder to add a little texture to the card.  A SRM Sticker finishes off the card with a little touch of bling.

Everyone enjoy your Saturday.  I need to make a 40'th birthday card yet today.  We will see - hopefully I get it done before the party.  

6 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

What a gorgeous card!! Thanks for playing in the Stampendous! June Summer challenge!!

Donna B. said...

Pretty card! Love the white embossing on the blue! Thanks for playing this week at The Play Date Cafe.

Ivanka said...

GORGEOUS!! I'm so happy to see you using your Twinkies!! I love, love, love your card!!!

Jinny Newlin said...

Such a pretty card! That houndstooth ribbon is the perfect finishing touch! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

Ruby said...

Really pretty! I love your white embossing. Thanks for joining in the fun with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

Melinda Gleissner said...

This is another gorgeous card! I love the color combo. That blue is fantastic against the embossed white flowers. I also love that you hang out with us at Stampendous! Thanks for playing.