Sunday, January 8, 2012

More Silhouette and Hero Arts Fun


I am still having fun with my Silhouette - my daughter was visiting and she went out into the Silhouette store and found this fun mustache file - there I believe 6 different shaped mustaches in the file - I loved the handle bar one.  I couldn't quite figure out what sentiment to use with the mustache but yesterday I bought the Hero Arts stamp set (new this winter) which Hero Arts is donating 25% of their profits on this set and two other sets to Operation Write Home.  So of course I had to make a card (actually 3 total of same design) for Operation Write Home.

The design of the card is based on the sketch at Clean and Simple Stamping.  I had to add some texture to the kraft paper so I used one of my dry embossing folders and then used the backside of the embossed paper.  I also got out my Tonic Distresser and distressed the edges of the paper.   Fun Fun Fun - and of course, I had less stress when I was done. 

I have also been busy working on my Oldie Moldie Monday cards for tomorrow.  I have 4 done so I am going to put that paper away for now and see what other kinds of paper making trouble I can get in.  Have a wonderful day.

5 comments:

Ivanka said...

I love this Barb!! You are really enabling of late, you know that??!! I like the embossing folder too.

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

Awesome card!!!!

Congrats on the ECG Design Team! I'm on it too!! Looking forward to creating with you :)
Maria

Carol said...

LOVE this card! So much fun...it really stands out among the thumbnails in the ftl links!

Chanray said...

I love your card; it's so gorgeous!

Paru Mahtani said...

really cute!