Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year 2012



Happy New Year - hope 2012 is filled with health and happiness for all of you.  I hve spent the day playing with paper and just relaxing - work is going to get crazy so I need to enjoy these quiet days at home. 

I wanted to send some New Year cards to a couple people so when Melonheadz Illustrating posted this cute baby New Year - I could not resist using it.  I had this great number paper from Authentique that I thought would add to a new year card.  Why oh why did I not buy a 12 x 12 sheet of this paper - maybe because I never saw it in 12 x 12.  The first card is based on the sketch at Authentique Papers blog.  I had this embossing folder of clocks and for a new year card it seemed appropirate and adds a little extra texture. 

The other card is using up all the different pieces I had of this particular grouping of paper.  Did you know that there is a certain color of ORANGE that is the color for 2012.

I added a couple stickers from SRM - it is from a birthday sticker sheet but I think Celebrate works for a new year's card.  I did add some sparkle to the baby's hat and flag and also the numbers on the first card.

Enjoy the remainder of today - and hopefully everyone cheers on the Wisconsin Badgers tomorrow in the Rose Bowl.

2 comments:

Nikki said...

Thanks Barb! I love them! You are so AWESOME!:) xox

Tifany said...

Adorable!
Thank you for participating in Authentique Paper’s December Sketch Challenge!
I hope you will join us again for the January Sketch Challenge: http://goo.gl/Vu8Tl

- Tifany DeGough
http://inkblotsbytrd.blogspot.com
{Authentique Paper DT Coordinator}