Saturday, November 19, 2011

Snow Much Fun - Stampendous and We R Memory Keepers


Actually SNOW is not fun and I am not looking forward to it coming - maybe that is a sign of old age.  Of course, you can always use it as an excuse to stay inside and craft - once you clear your sidewalks and driveway.

Time to kick my "you know what" into gear to get my holiday cards made.  I think they will be on the clean and simple side this year.  My card today is based on the sketch at Clean and Simple Stamping.  With the patterned paper choice it looks more complicated than it is.  The little penguin which is a stamp by Stampendous was "fussy cut" and placed on the circle with some pop dots.  The sentiment strip is based on a tutorial on Lisa Johnson's blog Poppy Paperie.  It is called crackle embossing.  You put adhesive on top of colored cardstock, sprinkle on your embossing powder and heat - it crackles - this was my first attempt - but it does add some fun texture to your strip.  I then added a SRM sticker for my sentiment. 

The paper is a patriotic collection from We R Memory Keepers.  The papers I selected to use are subtle enough to be used for any occasion.

Yeah one more holiday card made.

1 comment:

Karen Aicken said...

Cute card for the sketch - what a sweet little penguin! TFS
Cheers, Karen
alteredscrapbooking.blogspot.com