Monday, December 13, 2010

Monday, December 13, 2010


Good Monday morning – and may I say BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR – the wind chill is 9 below. I do hope my car starts. I ran my errands on Friday night and then I hibernated the remainder of the week end. I did accomplish a few things – I actually made a couple more Christmas cards, some gifts for this week are ready to go. I even made cookies – I did post the recipe yesterday if you are interested – Oatmeal Cranberry White Chocolate – pretty yummy.

The cards I made on Sunday are for my neighbors. I will share one today – come back on Tuesday to see the second one. They take very good care of me. Sunday morning Jeff cleared my sidewalk and driveway – I have more than they do but he very graciously cleans it out for me. I chose to use the raccoon from Stampendous for my cards for their cards. This summer, we discovered, I had a family of raccoons living under my deck. This was discovered while I was on vacation – and they took it upon themselves to try and evict the family from under the deck. I do wish I had been home to see everyone in action. I know the little image will make them all smile and bring back some warm memories from the summer.

Yes it is oldie moldie Monday – this paper isn’t that old – I think it may have been from last year’s Christmas collection from Crate Paper. I may have combined both of their Christmas collections in these two cards. Today’s card is based on the sketch at The Sweet Stop. This card opens from the left side – this card is for my backwards family – all of their cards open on the wrong side – the first card I made for them was done that way on accident – well now it is a tradition – thus they are the backwards family.

Everyone have a wonderful Monday and hope it is warm wherever you are located.

Card details:
Size: 4.5 x t
Paper: Crate Paper
Die Cuts: Crate Paper
Stamp: Stampendous colored with Copics
Sizzix Die Cut
SRM Stickers
May Arts twine

3 comments:

Chrissy D said...

It is VERY cold - but your project is CUTE! Stay warm!

Colleen said...

Adorable! and I love your neighbors! How wonderful that they help you out:-)

dstandard said...

Your image is adorable and so is your card! Thanks for playing at The Sweet Stop