Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Recipe Page Exchange

I have joined a recipe exchange with 6 other ladies and we have all mailed out our first recipe pages - they are 6 x 6. I had done a couple of these with a Stampin Up representative so I have a nice start on a recipe book.

The bandana is actually a piece of fabric so looks like a hanky stuck in the denimn pocket.

Where has the week gone - I still have to make a wedding card for Saturday and now I found out one of my neighbor families lost their paternal grandfather. Will attend the wake on Friday evening. And of course - Work is crazy.

Here is the recipe that is on the recipe card.

SLOW COOKER PULLED PORK SANDWICHES

3 lb boneless pork shoulder (pork roast)
1 envelope Lipton Recipe Secrets
Onion Mushroom Soup Mix
1 cup ketchup
½ cup brown sugar
¼ c apple cider vinegar
1 Tbsp. hot pepper sauce

Place pork in slow cooker. Combine remaining
ingredients and pour over the top. Cook covered
on low 8 to 10 hours or on high 4 to 6 hours until
pork is tender. Remove pork; reserve juices.
With fork, shred pork. I put the juice in the refrig
and let the fat separate from the good juices.
Skim fat off, place juices in saucepan, bring to a
boil and thicken with some cornstarch. Pour over
meat, warm and serve.

Do not have to do the cornstarch – but it makes it a thicker consistency for holding pork together.

No comments: